We’re on the lookout for talented people to join the team at Big 7 Travel. Our company prides itself on bringing the best content to our global audience – from the latest travel trends to city guides.
Working with Big 7 Travel you will be part of an international team of staff who are passionate about the brand. We are currently recruiting for the following paid position(s):
Full time staff writers:
Are you passionate about travel? Do you write engaging content that grabs people’s attention? We create original content on destinations across the globe and are looking to expand our content team.
The role’s main focus will be writing city and region guides on a range of topics and longer-form features, as well as sourcing and reporting on bite-sized travel news and SEO content.
The role will be Monday-Friday, and as we are a global team the timezone you will be working from does not matter.
Right now, we are looking for writers who can bring the following to our team:
- In-depth knowledge of your local region and comfortable writing about international destinations
- Bylines in English-language publications
- Experience working with CMS (preferably WordPress)
- Must be a quick and efficient writer, ready to turn around clean, smart copy
- Creative with a passion for travel
- An understanding of SEO and writing for high-volume traffic
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our Head of Content to pitch and write engaging articles on daily trending/news items as well as food and travel guide listicles
- Have a minimum output of eight stories (400-600 words each) per day
- Publish articles on our CMS and add self-sourced images, attributes and tags
- Perform outreach on published stories on an as-needed basis
If you think you fit the bill and would like to join Big 7 Travel as a writer, please email a cover letter, CV and two samples of writing to [email protected].
Successful applicants will start immediately on a rolling contract, minimum of three months.
About Big 7 Travel:
Big 7 Travel creates original and snappy content across our three verticals – travel, food and hotels – for a mobile-first, millennial audience. We are a trusted resource for insider travel tips and knowledge for our readers across the world.
The best steak in Amsterdam? A little-known speakeasy in Chicago? A hidden gem of a bistro in Paris? Where to go and what to do in every city across the globe, whether you’re there for business or pleasure – this is what Big 7 Travel does. Expertly.