We’re bringing you the best local secrets with some of the world’s top bloggers, influencers, and travel journalists in our new City Insider series. From where to find the perfect brew to that little-known bar that plays the best tunes, vintage record stores and green outdoor spaces, consider this your checklist for an amazing city break in Edinburgh.
We’re diving into all the best spots in Edinburgh , with a quick-fire interview with Adele Conn of Tartan Spoon, telling you her favourite places and expert tips.
Adele Conn (Tartan Spoon) is a lover of food, a wine enthusiast and a gin guru. She is based in Edinburgh and is a big champion of Scottish produce. She has judged Cocktails and Scottish Street Food Awards in the City Edinburgh. Adele was also shortlisted for the I-On Breakthrough Awards and a finalist in the Scotsman’s Food and Drink Awards for best blogger. So, who better to share the best things to eat and drink in the city?
Best of Edinburgh: Ultimate Insider’s Guide with Tartan Spoon
1. Favourite Overall Restaurant?
2. Best Restaurant for Date Night?
3. Local Foodie Secret?
The Peruvian inside Cask Smugglers.
4. Best Burger?
5. Best Place for Coffee?
6. Best Place for Vegetarian/Vegan Food?
7. Best Place for Brunch?
8. Where to Get an Amazing Budget-Meal?
9. Bar for Drinks with Friends?
10. Best Cocktail Bar?
11. Bar/Club for a Big Night Out?
12. Best Place for a Sweet Treat?
13. Unmissable Thing to Do in the City?
Grab an ice cream from Mary Milk Bar and then head up the steps to Edinburgh Castle and take in the view across the city.
14. Best Pizza?
15. Favourite Place for a Staycation?
The Chester Residence, 5 star luxury in Edinburgh’s West End.
16. How to get Around the City Like a Local?
Walk or take the bus.
17. Favourite Outdoor Space for Chilling Out?
18. Best Market in the City?
19. Top Workout in the City?
Walk up the Royal Mile. Not only do you get a great leg workout, but you get to take in all the wonders of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile!
20. Must-Visit Independent Store?
IJ Mellis for amazing cheeses.
21. Best Things to do with Kids in the City?
Camera Obscura just off before Edinburgh Castle is a hoot, and will keep young and old entertained.