A slightly smaller version of Disney World in Florida, (which boasts four parks), Disneyland in Anaheim, California, has *only* two theme parks and no water parks. Don’t let that stop you visiting; you’ll still find all your favourite characters and feel like a kid again!
Here’s all the insider info you need for an amazing day out at Disneyland…
Visiting Disneyland Anaheim: Things You Need To Know
1. What’s so special about Disneyland?
In many ways, Disneyland is less overwhelming than Disneyworld (51 Disneylands can fit inside Disney World!), you can cover quite a lot of ground and you don’t have to spend 3-4 days exploring the vast area that Disneyworld offers. Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better!
The Disneyland Resort offers 2 world-class theme parks; Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, each with its own unique attractions, shows, and restaurants.
Also, it is the only Disney park designed and built under the direct supervision of Walt Disney!
2. How do I get there?
John Wayne Airport is the closest airport to the Disneyland Resort roughly 15 miles.
If you plan on getting public transport, such as the bus or train, Anaheim station is a 45-minute walk from the Disneyland entrance.
3. How much will it cost?
The cost of a 1-day ticket depends on the date you visit with the year divided into Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 and Tier 5 dates. Expect to pay anywhere between $97 to $135 (peak season) for an adult ticket.
- 1 Park Per Day $235 Adult and $220 Child
Park Hopper $290 Adult and $275 Child
4. How long will it take?
If you want to stay overnight in the park, plan to spend 1-2 nights especially if you are with children as you’ll want to cover every inch.
It’s possible to see the park in one day, just plan ahead and keep to your schedule.
5. When is the best time to go?
If you want to avoid large crowds- January to March and September to early November are the best times to visit.
6. Where will I get the best photos?
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
- Floral Mickey Entrance
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- King Arthur Carousel and Jingles
- Cars Land
7. Any insider tips?
- If you know a Disney employee with a Silver Pass, they can bring you into the Park for free!
- Get to the parks before they open if you want to avoid large crowds and lines.
- Download the Disneyland mobile app.
- Park hopping is a must at Disneyland as both park entrances are within a few minute’s walk from one another.
- Know when and where to find your favourite characters (use the app).