If you’re spending some time in the state, you will want to know these Georgia slang words to help you speak like a local. From great road trips to tasty burgers, as well as enjoyable cities like Atlanta, this is a state you will want to get to know a whole lot better.
Take note of these essential Georgia phrases and you’ll fit right in – or at the very least, not be confused if somebody says one of these sayings!
Georgia Slang Words
1. Brick = A long measure of time
“I haven’t seen you in a brick.’
2. One monkey don’t stop no show = Get it done or keep working
This phrase has the general meaning of “one setback should not impede progress”.
3. Juug = To act unlawfully, typically for personal financial gain
The term “Juug” has been used by Fetty Wap, Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, Kodak Black, Young Scooter, and many more rappers.
4. Get to gettin = Which means it’s time to leave or go
“It’s 6 o’clock already?! C’mon, we got to get to gettin’!”
5. Buckhead Betty = Typical soccer mom, Buckhead refers to a wealthy suburb of Atlanta
The Karens of Atlanta.
6. B Wick = Brunswick
“You heading to B Wick for that party this weekend?”
7. No cap = Used at the beginning or end of a sentence, the phrase means the speaker is telling the complete truth with no fabrications
“That was the best pasta I’ve ever had, no cap.”
Spending time in the state? Check out 7 Stunning Tiny Homes In Georgia For A Dream Vacation.
How to get to Georgia?
Easily plan transport to Georgia here, with the best car rental deals.