The Spanish accent was recently voted one of the top 50 in the world, coming in at No.8. So, let’s investigate it a little further and see exactly why people think it’s so sexy.
The one big difference with Spanish compared with many other accents is that it is spoken all over the world, in dozens of different countries with 100s of different dialects. We delved a little deeper…
What does a Spanish accent sound like?
The Spanish accent means many different things to different people, as you can see in this video when blindfolded people had very different reactions.
Which Spanish accent is the sexiest?
The largest Spanish speaking countries by population
With 400 million Spanish speakers in the world, the accent is heard around the globe with heaps of different dialects. These are the top 10 Spanish speaking counties in the world:
- Mexico – 130,000,000
- Colombia – 47,000,000
- Spain – 45,000,000
- Argentina – 44,000,000
- United States – 40,000,000
- Peru – 29,000,000
- Venezuela – 29,000,000
- Chile – 17,000,000
- Ecuador – 14,000,000
- Cuba – 11,000,000
What are some common sayings in Spanish?
Are you traveling to a Spanish speaking country? Need some basic phrases that will help you out when you arrive? Here are 10 that you can master no matter what your native language or accent is…
- Buenos días = Good morning
- Buenas tardes = good afternoon
- Buenas noches = good evening
- Hola = hello
- Muy bien = Very good
- Hasta luego = See you later
- Cuánto cuesta? = How much is this?
- Salud = Cheers
- Necesito ayuda = I need help
- Quiero = I want
You can see a full list of 97 phrases here if you want to try and get even better with your lingo
What makes the Spanish accent so sexy:
- Spanish speakers have a “Latin temperament”. People associate that with passionate acts like dancing and living life to the full.
- Because of the seductive tone of the voice pretty much anything sounds sexy (as seen in the video below).
- Latin and Spanish speakers have always been glamorised in popular culture, like music and movies.
You can see a list of the 50 Sexiest Accents In The World Here to see where your country ranks…