Still waiting for that Hogwarts acceptance letter? Yep, we know – crushing disappointment. The good news though, is you can be a wizard for a day in Orlando’s amazing Harry Potter World!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is split between Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, with the Hogwarts Express connecting the two.
Enjoy a magical day out beyond imagination, with unforgettable rides and attractions, extraordinary entertainment and some of the wizarding world’s most well-known restaurants and shops. Here’s some essential info and tips for making the most out of your visit…
Visiting Harry Potter World: 7 Things You Need To Know
1. What’s so special about Harry Potter World?
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a must for any Potter fan, from magical spells and creatures to dark villains and daring heroes. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts castle and Diagon alley. Experience thrilling rides and attractions that transport you into a world of magical thrills and enchantment.
2. How do I get there?
From Orlando International Airport:
Take SR-528 West 11 miles to I-4 East.
Take I-4 East 2 miles to exit 75A.
Follow the signs to Universal Orlando’s main parking garage or to one of the five on-site resort hotels.
3. How much will it cost?
It depends on what you want to see, Hogsmeade is in Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley is in Universal Studios. You can get a single park ticket for 2 days and do one park one day and one park the other day. However, the ONLY way to ride the Hogwarts Express (visit platform 9 and 3/4) is to buy the park-to-park ticket. It’s way more expensive, but if you’re a true Potter fanatic, it’s worth it!
2-Park – 1-Day Ticket
Child: (3-9) $169.00
2-Park, 2-Day + 2 Days Free Promotional Ticket (Special offer)
4. How long will it take?
Depending on the ticket purchase usually 1-2 days, however, both parks can be explored in one day. Just be sure to have good time management!
5. When is the best time to go?
To avoid long queues and sweltering heat, January to February, and, September to November. Mid-August is also a good time to visit as it’s just coming out of peak season. Try visit the park as early as you can to make the most of it!
Photo cred: johnnyslytherin
6. Where will I get the best photos?
- The Hogwarts Express and Platform 9 ¾
- The Vanishing Cabinet in Knockturn Alley
- The Gringotts Bank with the Fire-Breathing Dragon
- The Knight Bus
- The Actual Leaky Cauldron
7. Any insider tips?
- Staying at one of Universal Orlando Resort’s offical hotels will allow you to enter The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour early!
- If you dial MAGIC (62442) in the red phone box outside of King’s Cross Station, you’ll be patched through to the Ministry of Magic
- For true fans arrive early and stay until dusk to see the park glow with lights
- If the line at Ollivanders is too long, you can also buy wands from carts positioned outside Hogwarts Castle and in Diagon Alley
- Listen to the Portraits
- Download Orlando Studios Apps