It’s hard to grasp just how beautiful Scotland actually is, unless you have been lucky enough to visit or – even luckier – if you actually live there.
From the rugged highlands and the wild islands to the cultured cities and stunning small towns, this is a country that has everything. Did we mention it also has one of the world’s sexiest accents and great food? Yep, Scotland is pretty great.
If you haven’t been yet you will be no doubt be considering it after seeing these pictures. If you already have then we are preaching to the converted.
Oh, how beautiful Scotland is…
1. You can take a train journey across Glenfinnan Viaduct, which you might recognise from Harry Potter
2. Or drive along rural roads on Skye with views like these…
3. You can have entire beaches – like this one in Achmelvich – all to yourself at times
4. The country is dotted with ancient, majestic castles
5. You can stroll down the prettiest little streets, like this one in Edinburgh
6. The coastline is rugged, beautiful and absolutely breathtaking
7. Imagine a country where you could live with this much space and peace and quiet?
8. You’ll have access to the very best whisky in the world…
9. It’s also a country with some of the best road trips in the world – like this one along the West Coast Highlands
10. The rugged Neist Point lighthouse is picture card perfect
11. The place comes to life in springtime: just LOOK at Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline
12. Scotland is a country full of history and beautiful architecture
13. Even the city chambers in Glasgow are out of this world
14. Simply open your window to see views like this
15. Even something as simple as a bridge in Scotland ends up being iconic
16. People have been living here for 1000’s of years, as these historic stone circles in Orkney prove
17. Literally everything about this country stands out…
18. At times in Scotland you’ll feel like you’re the only person in the world
19. What other country would you find streets that are as cute as this?
20. Even the animals are beautiful and full of character
21. It’s also a country full of proud heritage and passionate people
22. There’s few landscapes in the world that can beat Scotland
23. And seeing the sunset on the top of the Cobbler mountain will prove that Scotland is the most beautiful place to be