We’re bringing you the best local secrets with some of the world’s top bloggers, influencers, and travel journalists in our new City Insider series. From where to find the perfect brew to that little-known bar that plays the best tunes, vintage record stores and green outdoor spaces, consider this your checklist for an amazing city break in Leeds.
We’re diving into all the best spots in Leeds, with a quick-fire interview with Oliver Butterwick, telling you his favourite places and expert tips. Oliver grew up in Leeds, having also lived in Sheffield, York and Newcastle upon Tyne. He is passionate about good food, music, coffee, and travel.
Oliver is a Brand Ambassador for several cycling-centric brands and works to promote safer cycling in groups, having set up two local cycling clubs in the last 5 years. He was also shortlisted for Outstanding Contribution to Sport in 2016, in the York Active Sports Awards.
Best of Leeds: Ultimate Insider’s Guide with Oliver
1. Favourite Overall Restaurant?
2. Best Restaurant for Date Night?
3. Local Foodie Secret?
4. Best Burger?
5. Best Place for Coffee?
6. Best Pizza?
7. Best Place for Vegetarian/Vegan Food?
8. Best Place for Brunch?
9. Where to Get an Amazing Budget-Meal?
10. Bar for Drinks with Friends?
11. Best Cocktail Bar?
12. Bar/Club for a Big Night Out?
13. Best Place for a Sweet Treat?
14. Favourite Place for a Staycation?
Boston Spa – a village on the outskirts of Leeds.
15. Unmissable Thing to Do in the City?
Victoria Quarter shopping.
16. How to get Around the City Like a Local?
Bicycle or the various Transdev bus routes.
17. Favourite Outdoor Space for Chilling Out?
18. Best Market in the City?
19. Top Workout in the City?
20. Must-Visit Independent Store?
21. Best Things to do with Kids in the City?