We’re bringing you the best local secrets with some of the world’s top bloggers, influencers, and travel journalists in our new City Insider series. From where to find the perfect brew to that little-known bar that plays the best tunes, vintage record stores and green outdoor spaces, consider this your checklist for an amazing city break in Boston.
We’re diving into all the best spots in Boston, with a quick-fire interview with
Jon Miksis telling you his favourite places and expert tips. Jon Miksis is the writer and photographer behind the Global Viewpoint travel blog. He was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts, and has traveled to over 40 countries. He loves capturing beautiful places, meeting new faces, and sharing his travel experiences with the world.
Best of Boston: Ultimate Insider’s Guide with Jon Miksis
1. Favourite Overall Restaurant?
2. Best Restaurant for Date Night?
3. Local Foodie Secret?
Boston’s North End neighborhood is not a secret anymore, but there are still plenty of authentic, Italian restaurants just off Hanover Street.
4. Where to Get an Amazing Budget-Meal?
5. Best Place for Coffee?
6. Best Pizza?
7. Best Burger?
8. Best Place for Vegetarian/Vegan Food?
Zhu’s Garden (Arlington, MA – just outside of Boston).
9. Best Place for Brunch?
10. Bar for Drinks with Friends?
11. Bar/Club for a Big Night Out?
12. Best Cocktail Bar?
Brick & Mortar (Central Square in Cambridge).
13. Best Place for a Sweet Treat?
14. Unmissable Thing to Do in the City?
Take a stroll around Beacon Hill, a historic neighborhood in Boston with iconic brick buildings.
15. How to get Around the City Like a Local?
Walk – Boston is very compact so it’s easy to get around by foot.
16. Favourite Place for a Staycation?
Long Beach in nearby Gloucester, Massachusetts.
17. Favourite Outdoor Space for Chilling Out?
18. Best Market in the City?
19. Top Workout in the City?
I love walking, running, and biking along the Charles River Esplanade,
20. Must-Visit Independent Store?
Newbury Comics’ flagship store on Newbury Street.