We’re bringing you the best local secrets with some of the world’s top bloggers, influencers, and travel journalists in our new City Insider series. From where to find the perfect brew to that little-known bar that plays the best tunes, vintage record stores and green outdoor spaces, consider this your checklist for an amazing city break in Sydney.
We’re diving into all the best spots in Sydney, with a quick-fire interview with Laura McWhinnie, telling you her favourite places and expert tips. Laura has a popular travel and lifestyle blog, This Island Life, where she follows summer around the globe. When she’s not chasing the summer to an exotic destination, Laura can be found at home in Sydney making the most of the Australian summer and planning her next island hopping adventure.
Best of Sydney: Ultimate Insider’s Guide with Laura McWhinnie
1. Favourite Overall Restaurant?
2. Best Restaurant for Date Night?
3. Local Foodie Secret?
Chaco Bar for Yakitori.
4. Best Burger?
The ‘BL Beef Burger’ at Bar Luca.
5. Best Place for Coffee?
6. Best Pizza?
7. Best Place for Brunch?
Indigo in Double Bay.
8. Best Place for Vegetarian/Vegan Food?
Yellow – they are famous for their weekend brunches!
9. Where to Get an Amazing Budget-Meal?
Baba House for authentic Malaysian.
10. Bar for Drinks with Friends?
11. Best Cocktail Bar?
12. Bar/Club for a Big Night Out?
Bar hopping in Surry Hills.
13. Unmissable Thing to Do in the City?
The Bondi to Bronte walk.
14. Favourite Place for a Staycation?
Whitsundays for the weekend.
15. Best Place for a Sweet Treat?
‘Cow and the moon‘ for their affogato gelato.
16. How to get Around the City Like a Local?
17. Favourite Outdoor Space for Chilling Out?
18. Best Market in the City?
Kings Cross Markets for the best (and cheapest) fresh flowers.
19. Top Workout in the City?
Reformer Pilates at Elixr Health Clubs.
20. Must-Visit Independent Store?
21. Best Things to do with Kids in the City?
Riding bikes in Centennial Park.